ADDRESS: 40202 N 87th Ave, Peoria, AZ 85383, USA
PHONE: (623) 235-6130
GPS COORDINATES: 33.854677915083, -112.25692268313
- I-17 North Exit 223B (AZ74 W)
- Merge right onto AZ 74 W (Carefree Highway)
- Continue toward Lake Pleasant for 8 miles
- Turn right onto 87th Ave.
- After 2 miles, turn left into W Harbor Blvd to get to the gate and Pay Station. The current entrance is $7 (subject to change).
- Just past the entrance, turn right, then left towards Dillon’s Restaurant.
- You will see a sign for Vista Point. Follow the blue line on the map below. If you have a 4 wheel drive truck, you might prefer to follow the orange line.
Advanced Open Water Diver
Ready for more diving?
Your next step is the Advanced Open Water class where you dive a little deeper into what you have just learned and add in important skills like navigation, search techniques, and deep diving.
What you will learnThe knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Mindset of an Advanced Diver
- Advanced Diver qualities, characteristics, traits, and practices
- Equipment considerations and configurations
- Dive Planning / Dive Management
- Gas/Air Management
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper Scuba diving
- Setting up for a deep dive
- Underwater Compass Use
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks, and time
- How to better use your dive computer and dive tables
- More advanced buoyancy theory
- Dive planning for limited visibility and/or night diving
- More about underwater communication and buddy/team diving techniques
- Dive leadership skills
- Introduction to new levels of diving
- At least 12 years of age
- Open Water Diver
- Classroom Sessions: 1
- Required Dives: 5
- Tuition: $200
- Materials and Books: $45 – $75
- Other Costs: Rental gear and air fills if required